Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Yummy Nummy Meatloaf

Alright so wile I had another post in mind for this week I could not get it pulled together in time and thankfully I am cooking dinner tonight so I was able to make a post out of it. This recipe is one that I keep reinventing but most of the ingredients stay the same. Some times I add more of something, sometimes less. Sometimes it comes out dry and other times perfect.

Now I must tell you guys that when I cook I hardly ever measure things so to get this out to you I am stealing measurements as well as taking a guess;. if you feel you are adding too much of something then don't add that much, try half, see where you are and then go from there.

Now. On to the basic recipe.

My Yummy Nummy Meatloaf (I made up the name)

(serves 6 or so)

3 lbs Ground Beef.
2-3 cups Italian bread crumbs
3 Eggs Beaten (one egg per pound of meat)
Half a cup of Ketchup
Half a cup of Sour Cream
1-2 Packets of Dry Onion Soup Mix
1 Med Onion
Salt-Pepper

Any anything else you want to add.

Preheat oven to 350-375


Ok so first off you want to make sure that the meat you are working with is not too cold. If it is then it makes mixing everything that much harder.

Take your meat and put it into a bowl. Crumble it up a bit and then add your Eggs, Ketchup, Sour cream, Onion soup mix,onions and salt and pepper. Mix well. Oh and be sure to take off all jewelry during this step as if you do it with your hands it dose get very messy.

Now the next thing you want to do is add your bread crumbs. For this step I would suggest adding in a bit at a time as I am sure everyone likes their meatloaf a bit different.

 Add less if you want it more meaty and add more if you want it more bread like. Just take it slow and add a little at a time wile mixing it together.

 This is one of the parts where I always seem to differ on how much I use. I go by the way it looks and feels. I guess if I had to describe when my stopping point is I would have to say it's when you can lift all the meat into a ball but its still sticky. If it's crumbling on you then stop adding bread crumbs and add in some more ketchup and sour cream. Even a little water would help.

Alright. The last thing you do is place your meatloaf on or in whatever you are using to cook it and before you put it in the oven put ketchup over the top. Not a whole lot but some. Then you place it in the oven to bake for about an hour, hour and a half.

When it's done ENJOY!

I am sorry for the lack of photos. I tried 30 times to upload a photo of the finished product but Blogger was just not having it tonight. I will try again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment