Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stuffed Jalapeños

     What's up guys? Well, I don't have much stuff going on to write about here, since this isn't my personal blog and stuff. But I do have an awesome recipe for you, thanks to my dear Sissi. She is where I get a lot of my yummy recipes, even if I change a little bit here or there. But everyone has their preferences so that's okay.

     Also, I apologize, but I don't have any pictures at the moment. Whenever I get the chance to make these, I'll take pictures and update though!

Ingredients:
-Large Jalapeños.
-Garlic Powder.
-Bacon Bits.
-Onion Powder.
-Shredded Cheddar.
-Cream Cheese.
-Bacon.

Directions:
Step One:
     You need to use large jalapeños because they're easier to clean. (My dad told me that the ones with the pointed tips are hotter than the ones with a rounded tip, but that might just be his experience.) The first thing you have to do is throughly clean them.
     Cut the large end off of the jalapeño. There's going to be a bunch of white/yellow hot stringy stuff that you need to get rid of. Get rid of all that shit and slide the knife down the inside of the pepper, along the wall. Don't poke holes in it; just cut the membrane out. Pull out the white shit and get the remaining pieces. If you don't have something to hold them upright, just cut them in half length-wise.
     (Keep in mind, that you should always do it more than you think, or you're going to miss some. Also remember, that hot shit is going to be in the air so you'll be coughing- turn your head away from the food. And do not ever fucking touch your eyes, okay? I'm serious. It will burn like a mother fucker.)

Step Two:
     Mix the garlic powder, bacon bits, onion powder, shredded cheddar, and cream cheese into a bowl. (I don't have measurements, sorry. It changes by how many you're going to make so you'll have to go by sight and smell.) Then put it into the peppers, along a layer of cream cheese to coat the top. (A simple tip is to use a frosting bag to apply the last bit of cream cheese.)

Step Three:
     Wrap the peppers in the bacon, holding it down with tooth picks. I know everyone loves bacon, but don't use so much that it will over power the rest of it. (This means you, Momma. You can't wrap half a pound of bacon on one pepper.)

Step Four:
     This is where it gets complicated, because there are three ways to do this. It really depends on how you want to do it, so read all three because it also depends on how they're cut, okay?

Four A:
     If they are whole peppers, bake them in the oven for about fifteen minutes at 350 degrees, or until the bacon is fully cooked.

Four B:
     If you had to cut the peppers, be sure to place them on a tin foil sheet, cheese side up. The cheese will typically turn a golden brown color and pop, but that's okay. Cook it for about the same amount of time, but make sure the bacon is fully cooked.

Four C:
     My daddy made them for me on the grill, which gave it a unique and delicious flavor. Before lighting the grill, wrap the metal tray in tin foil and poke holes all over with a regular fork. Place the peppers (whole or half) on the foil and cook until the bacon is fully cooked.

I would like it to be noted here, that you need to wash your hands after dealing with the peppers whether cooking or eating, so that you do not burn yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment