Thursday, July 26, 2012

Part Two: Spaghetti

     Well hi there. As I posted on Sunday's post, when I was covering for Mercedes, this is the second part of a spaghetti and meatballs recipe, though you don't actually have to combine it (but you should, because it's really good).

     This isn't really my recipe. My best friend is like my sister so I call her Sissi. I asked her if she had a good spaghetti recipe since I haven't had decent spaghetti in a really long time. This is the recipe that she gave me. The only thing I changed, was that I added a little bit of salt and didn't add mushrooms.

Ingredients:
-2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
-1 Large White Onion
-2 Cloves Of Garlic
-1 Tablespoon Salt
-2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
-1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
-2 Jars Prego Sauce (I used the meat flavored one.)
-Butter
-Angel Hair Noodles (There isn't a measurement for this, since I make fresh noodles every day but heat up the left over sauce.)
-Fresh Parmesan Cheese
-Mushrooms (I don't add mushrooms because I don't like eating fungus, but Sissi enjoyed them and her original recipe calls for it.)

Directions:
Step One:
     Chop the onion. Or you can do like I did, and make your mother do it, if it burns your eyes, nose, and throat.

Step Two:
     Chop up the garlic. I also had Momma do this for me, because it burns my eyes, nose, and throat too. However, do not break the knife like she did. After chopping up the garlic, put it into a plastic bag and smash it up.

Step Three:
     Combine the onion, smashed garlic, garlic powder, salt, and onion powder into a bowl.

Step Four:
     Cover the bottom of a large skillet in water and put both pounds of meat into it.  As it browns, slowly break apart the meat and cook throughly.

Step Five:
     Once the meat is fully cooked, drain it with a strainer. After that, put it back in the skillet and pour in the Prego sauce.

Step Six:
     Add the bowl of mixed ingredients that you mixed in step three. Mix everything together and let simmer. Taste occasionally and simmer until the tastes blend together.

Step Seven:
     Boil the angel hair noodles until fully cooked. Drain them and add a couple tablespoons of butter.

Step Eight:
     Put it on a plate and top it with the mozzarella cheese. (You can also add the meatballs that I gave instructions for in the last post.)


No comments:

Post a Comment